Thursday, April 3, 2014

this week in econ we learned about market structure. we first learned about perfect competition, we learned however real markets are never perfect. we learned that perfect competition has five characters those consist of, numerous buyers and sellers, standardized product , freedom to enter and exit the markets and they are independent buyers and sellers. we then about what a monopoly is. we did a project and cut out pictures from magazines to learn about the different monopolies which include, natural, government, technology, geographic. we then had a quiz on very thing that we learned. after all of this we started playing a game dealing with stocks. it is really confusing and I have no clue what  I am doing and I think that I lost some money already :/
 

2 comments:

  1. I find the stocks game confusing as well. I just bought stock with companies I'd buy things from, but didn't really get what the arrows or graphs meant. I'm sure we'll figure it out by the end of 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! I am very confused with the game. It is hard to tell which stocks you should or should not buy from. It is difficult to judge whether the stock will be a success or failure. I do find it very interesting and fun though! I am sure we will all figure out the game soon enough! Keep up the good work! (:

    ReplyDelete